Thursday, February 22, 2024

Light Moves

 


The sun is streaming in my windows this afternoon and it makes me smile. I feel warm and cozy and safe. These are feelings I haven’t felt in a while, quite a while. But rather than focus on the past, I want to focus on here and now. 



Like this morning’s walk in the park with my grandson, Madden. It was clear and cool but not cold. The ducks and geese were all busy swimming in the lake. As my husband and I walked along enjoying the views, Madden took a short nap after having his pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. 


Glazing and Firing, finally. 


Slowly, the shelves in my studio were getting full and that makes me happy. Because of the recent health issues, it’s taken me longer than usual to get to the point of having enough work to glaze and fill the kiln. But today, I did it!



It’s truly a mix of work. Some thrown bowls I did back in August. There are little plates and big plates I worked on with my granddaughter, Meyer for her little brother, Madden. Some new red Lily Vases. A few new figures, which I’ll admit, I’m not too excited about but we’ll see. 


Lightening Up. 


It’s been a heavy year for me and my family. A very heavy year: lay offs, health insurance problems, unexpected health issues, hospitalization and recovery. For months, I’ve felt overwhelmed and traumatized by all of it. 


But today, walking through the park, I felt lighter. Breathing in the air and sunshine, I felt healthy and strong. And I looked forward to loading the kiln and firing new pieces.


It’s time to let the sunshine in

To breathe sweet air, give light baby kisses

And feel my heart, soul and feet

Making light moves 

Again



No comments: