Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Sunday Scribble - At the Writing Desk

#207- Demands.

I'm trying something new today. I'm participating in a writing prompt posted on another blog, Sunday Scribblings at http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/ Every Saturday, Laini and Megg post a writing prompt on their blog. After you write your piece on it on your blog, you post a link on their blog. I thought I'd try it, so here goes...

The prompt is 'Demands', the question is, "If you were a mega ridiculous superstar on tour - what would your demands be?"

Ok. I'm a ridiculous superstar(right...) on tour, far, far from my huge mansion home and I just have to have a home away from home. I mean, after so many huge, luxurious hotel rooms, you can only take so much, right? So, the entrance to my dressing room would have huge, ceramic urns filled with seasonal flora and fauna. Right now, I'd want daffodils, hyacinth and tulips planted around ornamental plum trees...in full bloom, of course.

Inside my dressing room, there would be a soft, plum velveteen couch with silk pillows, an antique trunk topped with candles, flowers, books and magazines. Over to the right, a rich wood desk holds a laptop with internet connection, next to it big screen TV with all the channels and movies. There would be a long side table with trays of cheese, bread, fruit, chocolate and wine, sparkling water and assortment of coffee and tea alongside elegant crystal glassware and china.

At the foot of the couch would be a huge, fluffy crimson dog bed for my sweet black Newfoundland to rest on while waiting to greet me between sets. It's understood that I'll have a personal masseuse and assistant to see to my every need. And, don't forget, my huge, leather tote bag containing my favorite journal, pens, sketch pads, travel paint box, crochet hooks and hand-dyed yarn. Of, course there would be beautiful, soft slippers and cozy lounge wear for my off-stage hours and racks of designer clothing for me to choose from should I decide to go out on the town. (What town am I in anyway?)

Here, now, I'm sitting on my own sofa, in my own home. It's not a mega-mansion and I'm not a mega-star. I'm happy to be alive, enjoying the somewhat sunny day with my love, my dog and cat in my cozy slippers. Ahh.

8 comments:

ChefDruck said...

What a great picture! I love the slippers shot. They look cozy enough to turn down a superstar gig and stay home!

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

LOL! I agree those slipper socks are very, very cozy...and I made them myself! Finishing my first pair of crocheted socks makes me feel like a superstar...so, I think I'll take a bow! :)

Thanks!

Dee Martin said...

Bow away girl! I love that picture much more than the actual superstar life!

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

I would bow 'away' but I'm much too comfortable here with my feet up in my cozy socks :))

I'll tip my toesies to you, though...Thanks!
Susan

Old Egg said...

What I loved about your blog was the triptych of watercolors in the background of your main photo. Do tell us about them.

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

Thanks for the compliment on my art work! It's not a watercolor, though, well not in the true sense.

It's done with water-based acrylics on sculpted aluminum mesh. First, I sculpt the aluminum mesh creating the relief...clouds, rocks, etc. Then, I paint the aluminum mesh with many, many layers of paint. It's very large...37"x79"x3"

Glad you liked it, thanks for asking!
Susan

George S Batty said...

Old Grizz is sure he would like you a lot better as a regular person in fact he knows he would.
good post

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

Hi there...Old Grizz...

I think I like myself better as a 'regular' person, too...LOL!

So glad you stopped by...
Thanks!