Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Day Without Clay.



I had errands to run. Lots and lots of them. Why? Because I’ve been too busy playing with clay.

Monday, I just had to trim those pots I threw last Thursday and add the sculptural elements to the bowls.

Tuesday, I was teaching a great group of kids to make faces, yes, out of clay.

Wednesday, I was in class finishing a round jar to go in the kiln, making an oval bowl and learning to pour slip on greenware.

Thursday was a throwing day. My biggest porcelain bowl to date and the lip did not cave. Yeah! And I experimented with new mug shapes. I like the one I did last the best. It has wonderful curves. After I cleaned the mud off myself, I went back into the studio and waxed out the leaves on a set of mugs and a bowl I need to glaze.

Friday, all those errands demanded to be done. Driving back and forth doing the shopping, sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, I got cranky. But it took me awhile to realize it wasn’t just the freeway blues that was getting me down.

It was a day without clay.

So, ok. I admit it.

My name is Susan and I’m addicted to clay.

No comments: