Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blog Interrupted.

I got a new computer. “Yeah,” you say. Well, so did I, believe me. When the abundance of life and a really, really good deal came my way, I jumped and bought a brand new economy laptop.

It was synchronicity. I know it. My old laptop was warning me over and over that my ‘disc space’ was limited. It was taking as much time to make coffee as it was to boot up. And it was running Windows 2003 which was brand spanking new, then. My old computer had 38 gigs and my new one has 500.

Ok, so it was time. But I believed, foolishly I now know, that it would be a snap to go from old to new. No way. It’s been 2 weeks and I’m still mistyping in this new keyboard. My files are still not all loaded from old to new. And although I’ve been using Windows every day for years, the new Windows has so many bells and whistles; there is a learning curve here.

I’m frustrated. I’m no tech pro, but I’m not a newbie either. I’ll tell you, this new laptop has me feeling like I’m starting all over. Every day, I think, this will be the day that it all comes together and all the files are loaded and easy to access and I’ll be blogging away again.

Not. Blog interrupted has not only kept me from writing and posting but also from reading and commenting. All my browser bookmarks are not loaded into the new system and my new internet browser is fighting with my old one.

There’s good news. While my laptop loaded in fits and starts, I’ve been working in my studio to meet a challenge deadline. I’m sure I’ll have photos and get my new laptop to cooperate soon.

Until then, I hope that there’s no blog interrupted in your life and things are all running smoothly for you. Oh, by the way, the reason there's no picture is that I have yet to load my picture software. :)

No comments: