Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Going offline - an internet vacation.


That's my dog, Jilly and kitty, Terra. Don't they look relaxed? Maybe their trying to tell me something?

I decided a while back to designate one day a week to be 'computer' free. I take one day, usually Sunday, to leave my computer off...no email checking, no internet surfing, no blog reading, no yahoo-ing or googling or facebooking.

It was scary at first but the space left me so rested, I made it part of my weekly routine, like walking and yoga.

So, I decided to take an online vacation by going offline. Although many more people are taking internet sabbaticals, I'm not. Although, I'm curious about their experiences and hopefully, I'll have more to tell about that later on. But right now, I'm just unplugging for a short break. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hope you enjoy your internet vacation, Susan. It's so good to get away from the computer for a while. The Internet is so addictive.

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

I did enjoy my vacation! I walked, read, took pictures, soaked up some new energy. I must say, I was surprised that I was tempted to jump on the internet and had to reel myself back in. Whew!