Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanks giving everyday.


Yesterday, we sat around the table with full plates of delicious food and gave thanks.  We each shared the blessings in our lives.  Love.  Abundance.  Health.  Personal and professional growth.  It was a warm and wonderful day of sharing.

But, now I know one day is of thanks is not enough.

A few years ago, my life took a turn from bad to good.  I was so grateful and full of my blessings and I wanted to remember each and every one.  So I started gratitude journal.   

Every night before I go to sleep, I open my journal and write a list of things I'm grateful for that day.  The list can be simple and silly or serious and sweet.  Sometimes it's a long list, other times short.  It really doesn't have any rules or requirements, all you need is a pen and paper. I start every page with the header below and just let the words flow.

Today, I am grateful for...

Walking in the park with my daughter and son-in-law...A big pot of turkey stock cooling in the fridge...a warm, cozy coat...watching the downtown Christmas tree light up...turkey leftovers...a kiss on the head from my daughter...a sleeping puppy at my feet. 

1,460 days plus 1.

Now, it's your turn.  Today, what are you grateful for...

No comments: