Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Delight.



 
The sun is out in the cool, rainy Pacific Northwest.  It’s too hot to cook.  What do I do for dinner?  Grilling and salads and frittatas were getting old.  As I watched my son gobble up pot stickers, I got an idea. 

I headed for Trader Joe’s and gathered the ingredients for the dish.  While I was there, one of the employees asked what I was going to make and I told her.  She liked the idea so much, she went back and made it for their afternoon sampler demo. 


What could be better than a cold dish on a hot night?  Here’s the recipe.

Asian Pasta Salad
1 package Trader Joe’s Chicken Cilantro Mini Wontons
1 package shredded cabbage
1 cup sliced bell peppers, yellow, red and/or green or Me’lange ‘ a Trois (frozen sliced pepper mix)
½ cup chopped green onions
½ cup Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette dressing
Cilantro for garnish
Brown the wontons in a tablespoon of oil for 5 minutes only.  Thaw the frozen peppers by running cold water over them in a colander in the sink.  When the wontons are browned and cooling, toss the peppers in with them for a few seconds. 
Assemble all the ingredients in a large salad bowl: cabbage, green onions, peppers and wontons.  Toss with the dressing.  Add the cilantro.  Chill for an hour or so.
Serve and Enjoy! 

Happy Midsummer Night!


No comments: