Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Is a picture worth a 1,000 characters?


I’ve been musing about this idea for a while, now. Setting up a challenge for myself and any of you out there who’d like to join in, to write 1,000 characters about a picture I put up on my blog. I’m not sure how it’s going to work out. But I thought it might be a fun way to share our words, thoughts and pictures together.

Here’s what I’m thinking: I post a picture, my own words about it, then you write about it, post a comment linking to your blog. We all get to share.

What do you think?

I love the sky. The ever changing colors painted above my head. I see the clouds as a constantly changing sculpture in shape, color and form. It stirs my imagination. When I was a little girl, I loved to spin around and around on summer nights watching the summer sky whirling above me.

Blue sky wishes
On a cold, rainy day
Wading through dishes
Coffee on its way

White clouds floating
Not a sea of grey
Deep water bloating
The lake
Geese fly away

(Everything above this sentence adds up to 1,000 characters exactly. It took me a few tries, and I’m surprised how many words I can write with 1,000 characters. What about you?)

No comments: