Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring has sprung - Around the House



Celebrating spring! It may be cold and windy with rain and hail pounding the window panes, but it is...officially spring. I love spring. All the bright colors of daffodils and tulips, the scent of lilies blooming.

Now, I love to celebrate the changing season by putting out colorful eggs, fresh candles and my old lacy tablecloth. As a little girl, I really looked forward to easter because I got to get 'dressed' up all pretty. A brand new dress in bright pink or purple...new white tights...shiny patent leather mary janes...and a straw hat complete with bow and flowers to match...it made me want to twirl!

When my kids were little, I did all the traditional things...colored eggs, candy and little toys. I dressed up my little girl all pretty too, until she didn't want Mom dressing her up anymore. Now that my 'children' are 'grown up', I called them to find out what kind of treats they'd want now. Caitlin wanted a coconut filled chocolate egg. Kyle wanted a maple sugar filled chocolate egg. They both wanted the solid chocolate foil covered eggs. Neither of them wanted the traditional chocolate bunny! Here's my little basket filled with goodies for all the 'children' in my family.


For me, it isn't easter without a chocolate bunny, so I bought one for myself and one for my husband. For my husband, it isn't easter without dying colored eggs. So, here he is coloring a dozen easter eggs, just for the fun of it!


I love spring. Of course the real celebration is about growth, the rebirth of new buds, new hopes and new opportunities. I hope you find a way to celebrate spring ...that you find some time to 'twirl'... new dress or not!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Spring to you too, Susan! And a happy Easter as well. Hope you enjoy your chocolate bunny. Coloring Easter eggs does sound fun ... I haven't done that in many, many years.

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

Coloring the egg was fun, and easy...you should try it just for fun of it!

Hope your easter was happy and your spring brings joy and rebirth to you as well!