Saturday, September 21, 2024

Beach Anniversary

 




I realize I haven’t written a blog in September at all! Wow. What have I been doing with my time? Working to finish new work. Doing inventory and packing it up to take it to a gallery. 


I’m so grateful to have a body of work completed. Sometimes it feels like I’m never going to get there and then, I do. 


The gift of a trip.


My wonderful husband asked me what I wanted for our anniversary. I didn’t hesitate. I said, I’d love to go to the beach. Rent a place with a great view of the ocean where I can  sit on a comfy couch and read a book. 



Not very exciting, I know. But after COVID and the flooded house and my surprising emergency hospital visit, I needed quiet and cozy. And I needed to sit and watch the waves come in and go out. I needed the softness of the sand and the tranquil ebb and flow of the ocean. And, of course a beautiful sunset or two. 


Sunsets. 


I love to watch the sun set. The changing colors and clouds moving is my kind of Zen. What I didn’t expect is to be a bit overwhelmed by it all. We’ve been to the beach many, many times in our lives but this one hit me hard. 



We haven’t been anywhere since before COVID. I forgot how much packing and planning and organizing it takes to get us to the beach and back. Dog beds and food. Our food. Our clothes. First aid and medicines. Comfy books, iPads, phones, and of course, crochet. That part was definitely stressful for me. 



But once we got there and saw the view, I knew it was going to be great. It was a spendy anniversary gift for sure. But it was really worth it. 


Sometimes you need to get away

To see new colors 

Hear new sounds

Smell the sea

Feel the comfort of coming home. 

No comments: