Sunday, February 19, 2023

Red Roses. White Tulips. And chocolate.

 


I love roses. The way they smell: spicy, earth, sweet. The colors: pink, white, red, yellow and even purple. The variety: long stemmed, miniature, bushy or tall. I’ve grown Peace Roses, Queen Elizabeth, even one named after Audrey Hepburn. They are all beautiful. 


My sweet husband knows this and always makes sure I have some for Valentine’s Day. I’m a very lucky woman, I know. 


Lily Vases and roses. 



I am so happy I get to play with clay. While I’m so grateful to all the people who buy my work, I’m also happy to be able to use it myself. On Valentine’s Day, I got to fill my Lily vases and many other vases with beautiful red roses and white tulips. 


Again, thanks to my love. 


Cookies and brownies.


Last year, without a good kitchen, we didn’t and couldn’t bake. And we both love cooking and baking. So this Valentine’s Day, we spent part of the day doing what we love to do together: baking. 


My husband made his favorite and famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. And I made my favorite recipe, Katherine Hepburn’s Brownies. 



We had our challenges with a new mircowave settings, uneven oven temperatures, and a pan spray that didn’t work well. But eating the mistakes was delicious. Best of all, we have more than enough to bring sweet surprises to both of our ‘kids’ as a surprise Valentine’s gift. 


All of this definitely fits this years word: Enjoy! 

I hope you found ways to enjoy the day, too. 

Love comes in many forms. 

Hoping yours was sweet. 


No comments: