Monday, July 16, 2012

Process to Product.

I always love to see the process of other artists, so I thought I’d share a bit of mine here. Below is a wine goblet that went through the bisque just fine, but I think the top shelf of my kiln got a little too hot. Let's just call it the 'tipsy' wine goblet.

I throw porcelain on the wheel, sometimes it works out better than others.

Here is one bowl that got a little too wide for itself one day, so I hung it upside down and let gravity work. I played with the shape after it had set up a little.

Here it is bisque.



Here it is finished with two glazes layered on the inside and one on the outside.

Here is a series of vases and urns out of the first firing.
Here they are after final glaze firing.

I did the black and white group differently this time. Using the porcelain clay body as the ‘white’ and adding a black underglaze, then covering it all with clear in the final firing.



No comments: