Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Summertime Joys

 


I have fond memories of childhood summers reading the afternoon away in the shade. Games of tag on the lawn after dinner. Spending the entire day at the neighborhood swimming pool.


Even when it gets too hot to be outside too long, I love the sun shining in. Flowers blooming. Garden growing. Little ones splashing away including the biggest baby of them all, my black lab, Darby. 





Snapshots of summer. 


Salad growing in the garden. Pick some leaves, add meat or fish or cheese and feast. 



Lavender in full bloom. Fresh mixed with roses or dried in your closet, it’s such a lovely scent. And did you know, lavender also keeps moths away from your clothes. 



Patio pots and baskets adding more color for you and food for hummingbirds and bees. 



Sprinkles and splashing and water fun. At home, in the pool or sprinklers or away in one of many city parks. 



Beautiful sunsets. My favorite time of day, watching that sun slowly sink behind the trees in all its yellow, orange and red glory. 



Summer of love. 


Unlike the last, this is a summer to love. My home is whole. My family is healthy. And even though on some days, it’s too hot to fire up the kiln and my bisque pieces have to wait, I can still create. 


Taking better photos of my pieces. And putting them on Etsy. 



Reorganizing my new studio desk space. Designing new business cards. 




Taking the time everyday 

Seeing the purples, pinks and bright greens.

Smelling the roses and lavenders.

Picking fresh blueberries, tomatoes and lettuce.

Filling up on the true joys of summer.

No comments: