Sunday, February 20, 2022

February Love Story #3



It’s another week in February and another way to focus on love. 


Welcome to week three of February love stories where I’m focusing on things in my life that make me happy in body, mind, heart and soul. It’s so easy for me to go through my days in a kind of work haze: to do, do, done and more to do. 


While I love to be busy creating with my hands in clay, I don’t want to forget all the connections I make in and around me that bring peace and joy. And places that open my eyes and inspire ideas. 



Life is a walk in the park. 


I know, since 2020, nothing has felt that way. Right? It’s not been an easy three years, but  even on my worst days when fear surrounded me, my park was there. 


Calm waters waiting. Green grass growing. Peaceful reflections. 



Leaves changing. Geese migrating. 

Deer and fawns running through the woods.


Sun, snow or rain. 


No matter what the weather, I walk. Even when water is dripping down off my hood, there is so much beauty around to see. I’ve seen more otters swimming in the lake on rainy days. And geese landing with a slide across the ice. 


Snow covered tree limbs and bridges.  


Heron hanging out and flying closer to the path.





The best of all medicine: Laughter. 


Yes, even during covid, there were little feet running around the park playgrounds. It’s one of the things that lifted my heart and soul. When schools were closed, the park was open and  children were learning. 


Swinging. Sliding. Climbing. 



Exploring the bridges. And playing in the woods.




Natural inspiration. 



Walking is, of course, great exercise. It’s a great workout for my muscles and my heart. But it also strengthens my imagination. And stretches my creativity, loosens my feelings and brings new ideas to the surface that grow into new pieces of art. 


I love my neighborhood park.




   

No comments: