Monday, August 1, 2011

Do you love blueberries?



I do. And right now, the blueberries are ripe, juicy and delicious. Tasty treats all by themselves or over creamy yogurt or cereal but I love them best – baked. First on my list of baked blueberry treats – Blueberry Crumble Cake. I baked it first by special request from my husband, Michael.



Next was my favorite – Blueberry muffins with lemon. Adding a little lemon curd and sit down with a cup of tea, it’s delicious. I enjoyed many with my morning cafĂ© au lait, too.

Then there were blueberry pancakes and waffles with maple syrup and French toast with homemade blueberry syrup. Last but not least, I baked a blueberry galette with creamy vanilla yogurt on the side. This was a special request by my daughter, Caitlin, for her bridal shower on Sunday. I don’t have a picture, unfortunately, because it was devoured by all before I thought to get out the camera. If you’ve never made a galette, it’s easier than pie. Just make pie dough, roll it out into a circle as big as a pizza, but your blueberries mixed with sugar, lemon, a little vanilla on top of the dough, then pull up the dough around the blueberry mixture, dot with butter and bake at 450 for about 15 minutes.

Here’s a picture of a cobbler, too. What's even better? It's August and here that means big, ripe peaches are at the farmer's market, combine them with blueberries and it's a double treat. Yum!

No comments: