Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sticks and Stones and Puppies don't mix.





I keep telling Jilly and Apple that sticks and stones are not puppy chow. They chow down anyway.

Here's Apple, my son's new puppy. She is six months old and teething. Warning, do not let her near your nose. Ouch. Take a look at her new prize possession.

You can see she believes the old saying, "Bark softly and carry a big stick."


Here's Jilly, my sweet yellow lab. She is six years old and not teething. But she loves to hunt in the gravel for treats left by my neighborhood cats. Warning, do not let her near your nose. Stinky.

You can see that I've tried to tempt her with a 'good' treat and safe, chewy nylon bone. Unfortunately, it only works when I'm around. If I happen to be 'busy', well, she gets busy and, well, let's leave it at that.

Here they both are together, hanging out in the yard.

While Jilly and Apple do mix well together, I still can't get them to agree with me on sticks and stones.

No comments: