Friday, September 3, 2010

Summer and Fall - Lovin' Labor Day!


Right now, I could be lamenting the end of summer and beginning of fall. But I'm not. Why? Because I have the most interesting cross seasonal bonanza happening in my garden. I just want to enjoy the ridiculous ride.
My hibiscus is in full bloom. I have pumpkins forming on the vine.
The clementis is still flowering. The dahlias are charging upward and outward. And, believe it or not, I have an Easter Lily ready to pop on my patio. Don't ya just love it?

It may be Labor Day, the official ending of summer and beginning of fall, but I guess nobody told my plants. They are just growing and blooming away. In spite of our weird cold weather, I have ripe tomatoes. Now, that's something to celebrate!


By the way, I just made the most delicious and super easy fresh garden salad. Cut up your ripe tomatoes and basil, add small little fresh mozzarella balls, salt, pepper and drizzle olive oil over the top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

No one told your garden the rules! Or maybe it is feeling extra creative this year :) Looks wonderful!

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

LOL...so true, Stacy. And I'm not going to tell them the rules either! I do think it's the crazy weather, though.